The Model 1 Reference mono-block amplifiers represent Red Rose Music's ultimate statement of vacuum
technology. Modern digital recordings and high performance analog playback require amplification with very low noise (high
signal to noise ratios) and extremely fast, low distortion circuits.
There are many ways to develop a vacuum tube
amplifier. While some competing late model vacuum tube designs simply go the "traditional, tried and true" designs of the
past, the design of the Model 1 began with a very clean sheet of paper. High current, precision regulated power supplies,
careful placement of signal components, custom wound audio output transformers, custom Red Rose Silver 1 wiring, and premium MIT Tin Foil/polypropylene capacitors are just some of the design
features that help to make the Model 1 a standout product in a crowded field of competing amplifiers. The Model 1 is based
on a Class AB linear design that delivers on the theoretical superiority of a push-pull design; High power, low distortion
and linear performance.
- Class AB, Regulated, Fixed bias Gain Architecture.
- All triode front end gain stages.
- Output Stage Architecture 6L6 WXT+ Linear beam power tube, triode and Ultra-Linear.
- Switchable power supply. 15 regulated high voltage power regulators, 7 for gain stages.
- High current DC filament precision regulator for 6L6 tubes.
- High current DC filament precision regulators for 6SN7 triode tubes.
- High current DC filament precision regulator for WE 417A/Raytheon 5842 triode. Full Wave rectification used on every supply utilizing Ultra-fast/soft recovery diodes.
- Computer grade, very low ESR, (.10 ohms 20 Hz to 20 kHz) filter capacitors for Main High voltage supply.
- Transformer Power: Power transformer is a high current design utilizing dynamic feedback winding (patent pending) technology. Careful winding techniques keeps noise to a minimum.
- Transformer Audio: Custom designed audio transformer utilizes a split primary for Ultra-Linear connections. The secondary features taps for 2,4,6, and 8 ohms.
- Power output: 170 watts @ 1 kHz, 1 % THD, Ultra-linear 65 watts @ 1 kHz, 1 % THD.
- Triode Power bandwidth: 16 Hz to 30 kHz -3B @ 140 watts.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 50 kHz, -3 dB, 1 watt Input sensitivity.
- Hum and noise: > 76 dB Ref 1 watt, no weighting.
- Tubes required: 1x WE417A or Raytheon 5842 single triode. 4x Sovtek 6SN7 triodes. 8x Ruby 6L6 GC STR beam power tubes.
- Dimensions: 15" w x 24" d x 8 3/4" h; 38.1cm x 61 cm x 22.23 cm.
- Weight: Each amplifier is 69 lb (31.3 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 106 lb (48.1 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: shipping crate 22"W x 14.5"H x 31.75"L; 55.88 cm x 36.83 cm x 80.65cm
- Weight of accessory box: 18 lb ( 8.2 kg)
- Accessory box dimensions: 12"h x 20" w x 24"L
- Total of 3 shipping containers. Aggregate weight 230 lb (104.3 kg)
The Model One is $25,000/pair.